Once used by seafarers to predict oncoming storms, this historical device responds to atmospheric fluctuations to forecast the weather!
How the Storm Glass works is still a mystery, but it is believed that electromagnetic changes in weather patterns activate the crystals inside (sealed glass chamber fill with crystals when air pressure decreases).
Gorgeous decorative gift idea for the adult who has everything or someone who finds meteorology fascinating.
How to Predict the Weather:
- Clear liquid: Bright and clear weather.
- Cloudy liquid: Cloudy, possible thunderstorms & rain.
- Small dots in the liquid: Humid or foggy weather.
- Large flaky crystals: Cloudy skies, snow in winter.
- Threads of crystals at the top: Windy weather.
- Crystals at the bottom: Frost may be coming.